• To write, record and install the necessary technology to make the statue a “talking” statue
telling the story of Sylvia Pankhurst’s political campaigning to a wider audience.
• A public event to unveil the statue attended by all donors. Work with local businesses to
create an inclusive and celebratory event highlighting the causes for which Sylvia campaigned and which remain relevant today.
• Work with an artist to develop a visual/performance/ educational presentation of these
• A Lecture by Professor Mary Davis (a member of our 4 women committee and author of “Sylvia Pankhurst – A life in Radical Politics”) in conjunction with the Marx Memorial
Library opposite which the statue will be sited.
• Purchase and inscribe a book naming every donor which will be held in perpetuity in the Marx Memorial Library for future research.